Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tadzio In His Sailor Suit


I did this drawing of Bjorn Andresen as part of a series back in the day. The medium and dimensions are the same as before: Prismacolor on Strathmore drawing paper (I like the good stuff), ll by 14 inches, or about 27.5 by 35 centimeters.

There's one more drawing of this quality in this series, where he's wearing his turn-of-the-century form-fitting swimsuit. I'll try to find that one, though it may take a while.

By the way, in a few weeks I plan to begin an onslaught of hyping my blogs - Twitter, Facebook, that sort of thing. If anyone has any tips or pointers about that, it'd be really handy. Or even just letting me know you're following; it can get lonely out here in blogland.

3 comments:

  1. I can't stand this fucking Bjorn. He freaked out that his admirers were mostly faggots. His acting abilities were mediocre at best.
    Willem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I bet he can't stand it that people are still drooling over his images. And I have to agree about his acting ability, at least as seen in DIV. Germaine Greer put his picture on the cover of her book "Beautiful Boy" without permission, and that probably annoyed him. Maybe it would annoy him even more if somebody photoshopped his pix to make them look like nudes. Wouldn't that be just awful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heavens that would be terrible. Just imagine if some artist were to take images of this guy from when he was say 13 or 14, and Photoshop it into some steamy nude sort of thing...awful just awful! I have to sit down the horror of it is giving me the vapors.

    ReplyDelete