Thursday, June 9, 2016

Manuel Carpeta

 
I just completed this watercolor portrait of the great flamenco dancer Manuel Fernandez Montoya, called El Carpeta. It's based on a photo taken in 2012. I'm reposting below the graphite drawing that underlies this image. These are the same piece, executed on the same sheet of watercolor paper, the drawing serving as guide to the creation of the painting.
 
 
I'd like to do an extended series of pictures of El Carpeta. However for this purpose I need access to technology which is not currently at my disposal. There are several potential projects on my plate at any given time, so I'll forge ahead with whatever happens to be achievable at the moment, and hope to create the proposed images of El Carpeta when that becomes feasible.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment