Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Repose

 
These images are watercolor panels that form part of a larger piece, collectively comprising a geodesic sphere. A couple of images I've posted previously are also parts of the same artifact (Son of Nereus, and other sea people rising from the deep). This group is distinct from the Hermetic planetary images of similar composition that I've also posted. The circular panels shown here are 25 centimeters (about ten inches) in diameter.

 
In these images, I'm depicting my vision of the good life - the sort of environment I'd like to live in, and the sort of people I'd like to be around. I'm not one of those artists who are into showing the gritty side of reality. Far from reality, in some paradisial place where one's feet hardly seem to touch the ground - that's where I'd like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment