Monday, May 2, 2016

I said I would ink these...

... so I did:


Inking a drawing is a tricky business. You can easily botch it, and of course ink is a completely unforgiving medium. On the upside, ink drawings are much easier to read than graphite, shadows stick to the page and make the image pop out, so that most people have a much easier time making it out.

 
 Also, ink drawings are easy to reproduce very cheaply by Xerox, ideal for self-published zines and books, and make a good basis for limited edition hand-printed silkscreens. These ones are inked with fine-pointed brushes, which I prefer to steel nibs or fountain pens.


As I mentioned before, the subject here is my hero Torquil, boning up on his sword practice and frolicking with wood nymphs.


2 comments:

  1. You need to put out a small book of drawings like we used to do. Folks will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's why I'm inking these. I need to think about format and content.

    I've scripted a GN, but have realized I need to do a major rewrite, which will take time. In the meantime, there are worlds to create.

    ReplyDelete