Thursday, April 7, 2016

Son of Nereus



Not that Nereus the Greek sea god had any sons that I'm aware of (his daughters are the Nereids). But it sounds pretty good, so I'm going with it.

This is a watercolor that I did from imagination and is one of twelve panels of a dodecahedral painting called Globe IV. It's laid out on the same perspective plan that I've described in previous posts, involving a dodecahedrally-based "fly's eye" geodesic sphere with an immersive image projected upon it.

I'm hoping to engage in more of this madness and to create more images of similar nature, only bigger. I'm talking big enough to walk into the dome and have a nice cup of tea while worshiping the gods of love and beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I keep repeating myself about your work..."Wonderful"..etc.

    ...but it's true it is!

    ReplyDelete